We love Sparking Curiosity about the Earth!
With a landscape created by the collision of continents, the closing and opening of oceans, volcanoes, earthquakes, ice ages and climate change, Stonehammer UNESCO Global Geopark includes geological stories from the late precambrian time a billion years ago to the most recent Ice Age, and almost everything in between.
As North America’s first geopark, Stonehammer is about geology, but it is also about the people, society and culture. You can hike, kayak, rock climb, zip, eat and tour… you’ll have fun every step of the way! Here are some teasers to spark your curiosity and get you exploring in our geopark:
- Witness where South America & Africa Collided
- View the Birthplace of the Atlantic Ocean
- Climb Volcanic Rocks
- Dine from a Geologically Themed Menu
- Uncover 13,000 year old Marine Creatures
- Discover NB Geology and Geologists
- Paddle to Stromatolites on an Ice Age River
- Meander a Twisting River
- Paddle over Future Fossils
- See what swung by!